Home / Forum / Cosmetic Surgery: Breasts / Mr alvi - sthetix

Mr alvi - sthetix

9 May 2013 at 22:09

Having been thinking about BA for a long time, I have made the decision to go ahead with surgery. Had a consultation about a week ago which I thought had gone really well until I had my consultation with Mr Alvi of Sthetix in Liverpool today. He was absolutely brilliant. So thorough. We discussed everything at length. The staff there were also fab. Really friendly. Made me feel so welcome & relaxed. Surgery date 5th June. Can't wait.

10 May 2013 at 12:05

me too!
I think I'm going to go ahead with him too. He was really lovely

I like

10 May 2013 at 15:40
In response to bluebelle37

me too!
I think I'm going to go ahead with him too. He was really lovely

Surgery day
Hiya bluebelle37. Do you have a date for surgery? Xx

I like

10 May 2013 at 18:38
In response to silverghost17

Surgery day
Hiya bluebelle37. Do you have a date for surgery? Xx

Surgery
Hi, I've provisionally booked in for August. My head is buzzing at the mo though with all the info and I hope I'm not going to regret it!
Scary!!
Would love to hear how you get on xx

I like

10 May 2013 at 21:39

Surgery
Hi, I've provisionally booked in for August. My head is buzzing at the mo though with all the info and I hope I'm not going to regret it!
Scary!!
Would love to hear how you get on xx

Surgery
Yeah. It's info overload when it comes to boobies. I've waited a long time. Can't come quick enough now. Got my 2nd appointment with Mr Alvi on 21st May. Gonna have to make a decision on size. I'll definitely let you know how I get on. I'm sure you won't regret it. Have you been to see any other consultants? Xx

I like

10 May 2013 at 23:59

Surgery
Yeah. It's info overload when it comes to boobies. I've waited a long time. Can't come quick enough now. Got my 2nd appointment with Mr Alvi on 21st May. Gonna have to make a decision on size. I'll definitely let you know how I get on. I'm sure you won't regret it. Have you been to see any other consultants? Xx

Surgery
I've waited a long time too. I've always said one day I was going to do it and now I can't actually believe I'm going to!
I haven't seen any other surgeons. I had an appointment with one at a well known clinic but after waiting for the best part of 2 hours in the waiting room to see him for my initial consultation I decided it wasn't the place for me so I left without seeing him. Lots and lots of research later I came across Mr Alvi and first impressions are good!
Have you decided what you will be going to have? Xx

I like

11 May 2013 at 16:49

Surgery
I've waited a long time too. I've always said one day I was going to do it and now I can't actually believe I'm going to!
I haven't seen any other surgeons. I had an appointment with one at a well known clinic but after waiting for the best part of 2 hours in the waiting room to see him for my initial consultation I decided it wasn't the place for me so I left without seeing him. Lots and lots of research later I came across Mr Alvi and first impressions are good!
Have you decided what you will be going to have? Xx

Surgery
Oh no! 2 hours wait. That's not good at all no wonder you walked out. Mr Alvi has advised me to go under the muscle. I'm on the limit with the amount of tissue I currently have. He said if I loose weight or the tissue thins I could get rippling if I went over. Happy to take his advice. He asked me if I'd thought about size & shape etc. I then tried different size implants in a sports bra. He didn't tell me the sizes as he said forget about implant & cup sizes. He said it was more important for me to feel comfortable. By the time I'd finished I'd chosen 390s. He also had 2 different implants. Allergan naturelle & nagor Impleo. I preferred the feel of the nagors. They're British made & come with a lifetime guarantee against rupture & capsular contracture. I spent about an hour & 20 with him. He even asked to take a copy of my list of questions as he was impressed with how thorough & prepared I was. I think he wants to put them on his website lol. Have you got a date for consultation? I'm gonna try the implants again at my next consultation just to make sure I'm happy before the big day. Xx

I like

12 May 2013 at 23:17

Surgery
Oh no! 2 hours wait. That's not good at all no wonder you walked out. Mr Alvi has advised me to go under the muscle. I'm on the limit with the amount of tissue I currently have. He said if I loose weight or the tissue thins I could get rippling if I went over. Happy to take his advice. He asked me if I'd thought about size & shape etc. I then tried different size implants in a sports bra. He didn't tell me the sizes as he said forget about implant & cup sizes. He said it was more important for me to feel comfortable. By the time I'd finished I'd chosen 390s. He also had 2 different implants. Allergan naturelle & nagor Impleo. I preferred the feel of the nagors. They're British made & come with a lifetime guarantee against rupture & capsular contracture. I spent about an hour & 20 with him. He even asked to take a copy of my list of questions as he was impressed with how thorough & prepared I was. I think he wants to put them on his website lol. Have you got a date for consultation? I'm gonna try the implants again at my next consultation just to make sure I'm happy before the big day. Xx

Surgery
Hi, he advised me unders too. Same reason as you and although I really don't fancy unders I can understand why I'd be better with them.
I was thinking the allergan ones 275. I want a subtle look but I might go slightly bigger. I'm going back again beginning of June.
Hard isn't it!! X

I like

12 May 2013 at 23:53

Surgery
Hi, he advised me unders too. Same reason as you and although I really don't fancy unders I can understand why I'd be better with them.
I was thinking the allergan ones 275. I want a subtle look but I might go slightly bigger. I'm going back again beginning of June.
Hard isn't it!! X

Surgery
Hiya. I'd rather not have unders as I know it's more invasive & therefore more painful. But got to trust his advice. I want to still look as natural as possible but don't want to regret having implants too small. Definitely not going for the Jordan look although I wish I had her figure & bank balance lol. Yeah it is hard but we'll be fine. Let me know how you get on. When you go back its around the time of my surgery. Not long now Xx

I like

13 May 2013 at 21:00

Surgery
Hiya. I'd rather not have unders as I know it's more invasive & therefore more painful. But got to trust his advice. I want to still look as natural as possible but don't want to regret having implants too small. Definitely not going for the Jordan look although I wish I had her figure & bank balance lol. Yeah it is hard but we'll be fine. Let me know how you get on. When you go back its around the time of my surgery. Not long now Xx

Karen & mr alvi
I thought Sthetix and Karen in particular were excellent, Mr Alvi did my sisters assymetry op on the NHS years ago and they still look good only reason I went with Mya was hospital location and my friend had the same surgeon and size as I wanted so mr Traynor knew exactly the result I wanted. Good luck ladies xx

I like

13 May 2013 at 21:44
In response to laws86

Karen & mr alvi
I thought Sthetix and Karen in particular were excellent, Mr Alvi did my sisters assymetry op on the NHS years ago and they still look good only reason I went with Mya was hospital location and my friend had the same surgeon and size as I wanted so mr Traynor knew exactly the result I wanted. Good luck ladies xx

Karen & mr alvi
Hiya laws86. Thank you for your response. I thought all the staff were really friendly. Made me feel so welcome. I got my confirmation letter today so it's all official. So excited & scared at the same time. Xx

I like

21 May 2013 at 18:57

Surgery
Hard isn't it!! X

2nd consultation
Hiya. Just wanted to let you know I had my 2nd consultation with Mr Alvi today. I've definitely made the right choice of surgeon. He was lovely & really thorough. I tried on the sizers again & have gone for 425's. I've signed my consent form now Pre-op is on the 29th May so its a 2 week countdown until the big day. Sooooo excited. Let me know how you get on. Xx

I like

17 June 2013 at 22:11

Mr alvi
hi please could you tell me how your surgery went with mr alvi? im booked in for the 6th august with him what hospital did you go to ? and what size were u pre and post op ? overs or unders ? and how are your scars ? sorry for all the questions i am just trying to find out as much as i can about him im getting really excited now its actually booked thanks x

I like

17 June 2013 at 22:31
In response to missibabes

Mr alvi
hi please could you tell me how your surgery went with mr alvi? im booked in for the 6th august with him what hospital did you go to ? and what size were u pre and post op ? overs or unders ? and how are your scars ? sorry for all the questions i am just trying to find out as much as i can about him im getting really excited now its actually booked thanks x

My hero
Hiya missibabes.

I went to see a different surgeon before Mr Alvi who I thought was the one until I met with Mr Alvi.

I absolutely love him. He's fabulous. I had my surgery at Renacres in Ormskirk. The hospital staff were fantastic. My night nurse Victoria was an angel. Nothing was too much trouble.

I was 34a pre op. I'm only 12 days post op so I haven't been measured yet. It's too early. However I fit into a 34d/dd sports bra but they've not dropped & fluffed yet.

I had Nagor Impleo 420 unders. I had convinced myself that I would be in utter agony but I can honestly say I've had no "pain". I have felt sore, tight, achey & uncomfortable. I'm now feeling great. A little bit restricted as I have to wear a compression band for 6 weeks (4 more to go). It's not uncomfortable. You get used to it.

Mr Alvi is amazing at what he does. I can't recommend him highly enough.

I'm back at the hospital on Wednesday to have my dressings removed so I've not yet seen my scars but I have seen the scars of another of his patients & they were so small & neat.

What implants have you chosen? Unders or overs? Which hospital will you be going too?

It's so exciting. I had such a positive experience. Only 2 days post op I said I would do it all again.

You have made a great choice with Mr Alvi.

Xxx

I like

17 June 2013 at 23:02

My hero
Hiya missibabes.

I went to see a different surgeon before Mr Alvi who I thought was the one until I met with Mr Alvi.

I absolutely love him. He's fabulous. I had my surgery at Renacres in Ormskirk. The hospital staff were fantastic. My night nurse Victoria was an angel. Nothing was too much trouble.

I was 34a pre op. I'm only 12 days post op so I haven't been measured yet. It's too early. However I fit into a 34d/dd sports bra but they've not dropped & fluffed yet.

I had Nagor Impleo 420 unders. I had convinced myself that I would be in utter agony but I can honestly say I've had no "pain". I have felt sore, tight, achey & uncomfortable. I'm now feeling great. A little bit restricted as I have to wear a compression band for 6 weeks (4 more to go). It's not uncomfortable. You get used to it.

I'm back at the hospital on Wednesday to have my dressings removed so I've not yet seen my scars but I have seen the scars of another of his patients & they were so small & neat.

What implants have you chosen? Unders or overs? Which hospital will you be going too?

It's so exciting. I had such a positive experience. Only 2 days post op I said I would do it all again.

Xxx

Mr alvi
hi again thanks for your quick reply its nice to have someone who has actually been for surgery with him to talk to , i was really impressed with him at the consultation i had been to see 2 others befor him and they were no where near as imformative he made me feel really comfortable and karen is great too, im having natrelle round unders i have quite thin skin and small booies that have sagged thanks to breast feeding so i have to go under he reccomended 265cc but said the next size up which i think is 300cc was possible but he was honest and said there could be a risk of some rippling so i am not sure what to do i am thinking of going for the 300cc at the min, i am going to the catherine suit at liverpools womens hospital for mine i just cant wait now the days are dragging did you have to go to the clinic for a pre op ? if so how long befor surgery was it ? also what pain relief did they give you ? and did they give u antibiotics ? i have heard you cant lift your arms to brush your hair even at first is this true ? did any one go with you my partner is going with me but i think he will have to stay in a b and b overnight do you know if there is one close ? sorry for all the questions i have loads x anyway glad to hear it all went well and you are recovering well

I like

17 June 2013 at 23:42

Mr alvi
hi again thanks for your quick reply its nice to have someone who has actually been for surgery with him to talk to , i was really impressed with him at the consultation i had been to see 2 others befor him and they were no where near as imformative he made me feel really comfortable and karen is great too, im having natrelle round unders i have quite thin skin and small booies that have sagged thanks to breast feeding so i have to go under he reccomended 265cc but said the next size up which i think is 300cc was possible but he was honest and said there could be a risk of some rippling so i am not sure what to do i am thinking of going for the 300cc at the min, i am going to the catherine suit at liverpools womens hospital for mine i just cant wait now the days are dragging did you have to go to the clinic for a pre op ? if so how long befor surgery was it ? also what pain relief did they give you ? and did they give u antibiotics ? i have heard you cant lift your arms to brush your hair even at first is this true ? did any one go with you my partner is going with me but i think he will have to stay in a b and b overnight do you know if there is one close ? sorry for all the questions i have loads x anyway glad to hear it all went well and you are recovering well

Questions
It's good that you have so many questions. It means you're taking it all seriously & I honestly don't mind

You have to trust him. My 1st surgeon said that I would be ok with overs but Mr Alvi suggested unders as I was borderline on how much breast tissue I had. I haven't had kids just small boobies lol.

Mr Alvi said I would be at risk of rippling if I had overs so I trusted his experience & went with unders.

You don't want to spend all that money to suffer with rippling afterwards. Make another appointment to speak to him again about the sizes. They won't mind at all. They just want whats right for you & for you to be happy

I went to the hospital for my pre-op which for me was taking bloods & swabs for MRSA. My pre-op was a week before surgery.

I understand you get pain relief whilst you're in surgery. I also got paracetamol & codeine afterwards & that's what I was discharged with. I was told no ibuprofen as this puts you at risk of haematoma. I've not used all my medication I was discharged with. I was told 1-2 paracetamol 4 times a day & the same with the codeine. I took 2 of each 4 times a day for the 1st couple of days then reduced it. The codeine can make you constipated lol so I got some senakot before I went in. By around day 4 I was taking no pain meds but you do what's right for you.

It's worth while investing in a v pillow. They are so comfy. Mr Alvi said that I didn't have to sleep propped up. I think as long as your head & neck are slightly elevated you'll be fine.

I was able to do most things pretty much straight away but don't do too much. It does feel tight & a little sore but I was never in extreme pain. More uncomfortable tan anything else. I had convinced myself it would be utter agony but i promise you its not. A zip up top for your journey home is definitely a good idea & maybe a vest top that you can step into in case you are a little sore.

My ex b/f took me in but he had to leave when Mr Alvi & the anaesthetist came to see me.

Unfortunately I don't know Liverpool well enough to be able to recommend somewhere for your partner. Maybe ask the girls at Sthetix. They may be able to help you.

If you need to wear a compression band then let me know. I woke up with mine on but it was covered in iodine. I found a website & got 2 spares. Cost me just over £30 for 2 including delivery & they were with me the following day.

Hope this helps.

Xx

I like

18 June 2013 at 22:10

Mr alvi
yeah i went to see two other surgeons befor him one said i would be fine with overs the other said i would need a lift aswell which left me totally confussed as i ant got much to lift lol, when i went to see mr alvi he said no way overs and i didnt need a lift at all which made me feel a lot better , i will need to wear a band he said for six weeks so i might invest in a pillow and some extra bands how long did it take you to come round from the ga / and did you feel ok some people say it makes them sick how long did you have to wait till you had a bath and washed your hair ? im going for my 2nd consultation in a fortnight thats why i was asking about the pre op because its about an hour and half drive from my house so i was hoping they would have done it on the consultation day are they starting to drop yet ? or are they still high up ? xx

I like

18 June 2013 at 22:48

Mr alvi
yeah i went to see two other surgeons befor him one said i would be fine with overs the other said i would need a lift aswell which left me totally confussed as i ant got much to lift lol, when i went to see mr alvi he said no way overs and i didnt need a lift at all which made me feel a lot better , i will need to wear a band he said for six weeks so i might invest in a pillow and some extra bands how long did it take you to come round from the ga / and did you feel ok some people say it makes them sick how long did you have to wait till you had a bath and washed your hair ? im going for my 2nd consultation in a fortnight thats why i was asking about the pre op because its about an hour and half drive from my house so i was hoping they would have done it on the consultation day are they starting to drop yet ? or are they still high up ? xx

Mr alvi
No wonder you were confused but there is an awful lot to take in & think about but Mr Alvi knows his stuff & I would not recommend him if I had any doubts.

I've had GA before & I'd never had any problems. It didn't take long to come round. I was soooo thirsty. I'm not keen on drinking plain water so I froze 2 bottles of Volvic touch of strawberry. I took them out of the freezer as I left for the hospital. When I got back to my room it was so refreshing to drink them & they were still icy.

Try not to worry about being sick after the GA. Everyone is different but they will give you anti-sickness meds if you need them.

I showered & washed my hair 2 days post op. I have dissolvable stitches & I'm waterproofed so you should be the same & be able to shower when you feel ready. I just took face wipes, baby wipes & lady wipes to the hospital with me so I could freshen up.

I was lucky as I work 5 minutes from the hospital I was in so I had my pre-op then went straight to work. It's a shame you live so far away. I was only in there 5 minutes.

I've not started to drop yet. As I have unders I wasn't expecting them to drop so early. I'm expecting to wait a few months so anything sooner will be a bonus. Yeah. They are still quite high but look so much better now a lot of the swelling has gone down.

I'm having my dressings removed tomorrow which is good. I'll get to see my scars for the 1st time.

Maybe you could ask if you could have your pre-op elsewhere. They can only say no.

Something I wasn't prepared for is my sensitive nipples lol. I'm still numb from the nipple down. It's a weird sensation as they are kind of numb but quite sensitive & bigger than they were. I've read that they do return to normal which is a relief. It's unusual for someone to gain more sensitivity permanently. It's more likely that you'll lose sensitivity but I understand most return to how they were - i bloody hope so lol. Xx

I like

18 June 2013 at 23:50

Mr alvi
i think i will give them a ring and see if there is anything they can do i can only ask lol, i have heard about the sensitive nipples not looking forward to those lol let me know how you get on tomorrow and thanks for all the advise xx

I like

19 June 2013 at 19:34

My hero
Hiya missibabes.

Xxx

Mr alvi
Hi silverghost17

Thanks for sharing your story. Such a positive experience

Please could I ask how much you paid with Mr Alvi at Sthetix?
I'm considering arranging a consultation with him as there is a lot of great reviews online x

I like

Go back to forum

Previous threads

Last author's threads

• Aches & pains - advice/reassurance needed

20 June 2013 at 20:13

• My boobie day 5th june

26 July 2013 at 0:13

• Boob obsession

26 May 2013 at 2:02

• Nagor impleo

11 May 2013 at 10:49