Home / Forum / Cosmetic Surgery: Breasts / Off topic. hair extensions which ones??

forum

Off topic. hair extensions which ones??

2 November 2011 at 18:02

For years I've wanted hair extensions but I'm worried they'll ruin my natural hair, don't wanna end up bald! I know a few of you ladies have extensions and was wondering if you could share what type (glue,micro ring etc) how long they last, any damage to natural hair, rough cost and caring for them. Any advice would be much apprechiated. Thxs ladies.

1st episode: Marie invites you to a cookery lesson like no other...

1st episode: Marie invites you to a cookery lesson like no other...

1st episode: Marie invites you to a cookery lesson like no other... 1st episode: Marie invites you to a cookery lesson like no other...

Tone your shoulders with Johanna ! Tone your shoulders with Johanna !

Tone your legs with Johanna! Tone your legs with Johanna!

2 November 2011 at 18:16

I'm in ipswich
I'm always being told my hair is thick, to me it doesn't seem thick. I've been growing it for over 1yr and it's taking forever, it was very short and grade 1 down one side, its now shoulder length. Would love it to be halfway down my back so I can curl it to give it more volume.

I like

2 November 2011 at 18:21

Hi hun
I have raccon euro hair extension 18" they cost me 280 for the hair then the woman puts them I'n for me for 120 I think the raccon hair and method is the best it's not pre tipped hair and it's luxurious hair it can last 6 months I have mine I'n for 3 minutes then re moved then put back I'n the hair is the best quality there's hardly any shedding make sure you get an extension brush so it does not snagg I use loreal elvive colour protect shampoo and conditioner it does not have protines so does not make the bonds go sticky also I use loreal absoulut repair cellular it's a conditioning mask u put on when it's towel dryed the wash it out it feel so soft and silky after it's amazing also loreal hydra repair is amazing also if you look after the hair you get the best out of it ps do not put any products but shampoo by the bonds also I just wash the top part of my head were there is no extensions every day and wash my extensions once a week if I can or 6 days al long ad you can leav it you can use dry shampoos aswell there gab to make it last a few more days before you wash it. I hope that has helped xx

I like

2 November 2011 at 18:26
In response to louisevg

Hi hun
I have raccon euro hair extension 18" they cost me 280 for the hair then the woman puts them I'n for me for 120 I think the raccon hair and method is the best it's not pre tipped hair and it's luxurious hair it can last 6 months I have mine I'n for 3 minutes then re moved then put back I'n the hair is the best quality there's hardly any shedding make sure you get an extension brush so it does not snagg I use loreal elvive colour protect shampoo and conditioner it does not have protines so does not make the bonds go sticky also I use loreal absoulut repair cellular it's a conditioning mask u put on when it's towel dryed the wash it out it feel so soft and silky after it's amazing also loreal hydra repair is amazing also if you look after the hair you get the best out of it ps do not put any products but shampoo by the bonds also I just wash the top part of my head were there is no extensions every day and wash my extensions once a week if I can or 6 days al long ad you can leav it you can use dry shampoos aswell there gab to make it last a few more days before you wash it. I hope that has helped xx

Also
Get them removed by the extensionist that put them I'n or you will ruin your hair raccon method is glue but done by the glue gun, I gave been told though Micro rings are the best for your hair but thee dont last as long.. Iv not had them yet but I think I prefer glue method.. Also make sure you seprate the bonds every night or every over to stop matting you don't want dread locks xx

I like

2 November 2011 at 20:34

I had hair extensions last year and i loved them so much, they lasted me 4 months, before i was just desperate for them out/changing.
but my hair was so much easier to manage, and style etc just love love loved them.
i was mega worried about them damaging my hair tho and my own hairdresser was very against them. anyway i went to my dads mates real expensive salon (got bit of discount) but still paid £400 and i had them done using great lengths hair, and glued it.
was so nervous about taking them out and having tuffs of hair left or bald patches, but when my own hairdresser looked she took back al she ever thought about hair extensions cos she said my hair has never been in better condition, cos i was styling the extensions not my own hair u see. and she said i hardly had any patches, maybe one or two tiny spots!
i definitely want them doing again very soon, but i find £400 every 4months hard!
xxxx

I like

2 November 2011 at 20:51

never knew you were just in Newcastle.... we should meet the next time im there!

I like

3 November 2011 at 2:13

Omg
I had extensions a up to a year ago and spent a lifetime it felt finding good quality ones. I did eventually..but had to buy from states..think were nearly £200 then 150 to put in. After using rapture extensions (sh.te) and getting sample after sample i found the set i got from the states were the best...company was Laize faire (cannot spell it). Were high grade euro 18 inch. Were gorgeous though i really do think once start with extensions you need to have a break from them every few months as whatever method you use will cause some damage..ok if have thick hair and want length but if finer thinner hair you gotta be careful. I used skin wefts thar lay flat. I noticed damage to my hair so turned my set into a ponytail. I think the clip ins cause less damage but no good if hair thin. I have another set... brand new set
of skin wefts if anyone fancies buying...med brown/red. Too red for my tone and too difficult to dye...

I like

4 November 2016 at 2:32

Honestly ladies if your hair is already a decent length I would recommend either BrazilIan knot extensions or simple tracks.These can be done reasonably and for a decent price also. I have been doing these proffessionally for years. Depending on your hair texture and what you are looking for especially  Always use human hair it look natural http://hairstylezz.com/best-medium-brown-hair-color-ideas/3/  if you have European hair textures these techniques can be done appropriately and last quite a while especially brazilian knots. They last up to 6 months even if maintained well.  

I like

9 February at 19:40

Want to add : one time I had  hair extention Each section is so thick and shiny, the clips are also great quality too. The colour and length range is fantastic. They also have a few colours that are blended for people who may have multiple tones in their hair. I have two sets  blonde and brown with hightlights. With blond I made so beauty updos likes http://newaylook.com/best-curly-updos-hairstyles/ which I dreamed of before .I have had for a couple of years now and they are still very good quality..

I like

9 February at 19:41

I like

Previous threads

Last Author's threads

• Pic up of the bra hubby picked for me!

8 November 2011 at 19:05

• Tender nipples still at 10wks po!

7 November 2011 at 13:42

• My hubby knows his bras!

15 February 2014 at 23:23

• Advice po, should i be worried?

25 October 2011 at 18:07

You might also like

By the editorial team
By the editorial team
By the editorial team
By the editorial team